After two years as a counsellor in the young men presidency (and as acting young men president in our ward), I received a new calling today.
I was called as the ward clerk. The previous ward clerk lost his job and relocated to another job in a different city. He actually moved in June and the high councilman contacted and called me on Thursday. A bit long, but apparently the stake presidency and high council meet infrequently in the summer months.
Technically, I am still serving in my previous calling, as I was not released. The bishopric has a person ready to call, but were waiting to hear back from the stake regarding my call. Apparently, they didn’t have enough time to contact this individual before today to call him. As a result, I have not been released.
I hope the release will take place next Sunday, as there is a four-day Scout camp coming up next week and I would rather not having my arthritis aggravated from it. If I do go, I’ll end up limping for 3-4 days after I get back because of the arthritis, and I may not be able to bike to work. I guess we’ll see.
For the interest of anyone who cares, here is a list of the callings I?¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢ve had since we’ve been married.
- Elders quorum presidency, second counsellor (Surrey First Ward)
- Elders quorum presidency, president (Surrey First Ward)
- Ward mission leader (Lethbridge Ninth Ward)
- Stake mission presidency, secretary (Lethbridge Alberta West Stake)
- Young men presidency, second counsellor (combined Lethbridge First and Second Wards; also served as acting young men president in Lethbridge First Ward)
- Assistant stake clerk (Lethbridge Alberta Stake)
- Ward clerk (Lethbridge First Ward)