In a lot of ways, I was an unconventional elders quorum president. Itâ€™s been over six months since I was released, but I was going over the collective six years I served two terms as elders quorum president. I realised some of the initiatives I took wouldnâ€™t be seen in your average elders quorum.
Here are a handful:
- Assigning an 18-year-old elder as a home teaching companion to a 17-year-old priest
- Announcing the presidency would no longer phone for home teaching reports, but expected the companionships to phone us
- Accepting service done for an assigned family as home teaching even if no message was left
- Calling an 18-year-old priest as a secretary
- Assigning my counsellors to attend ward council quarterly
- Fighting to prevent advancement to high priest based on age
Have you done anything unconventional in your calling?