Iâ€™m getting bored with Sunday School.
There. Iâ€™ve said it. Now, hereâ€™s why.
I donâ€™t the scriptures lend themselves very well to proper reading when split up into entire works assigned for only one year. How can we get anything out of the Old Testamentâ€”including all its allegory, poetry, symbolism and prophecyâ€”when we spend as much time Â on it as we do the Doctrine and Covenants.
If I could wave a magic wand, here are some of the changes I would implement:
- Spend an entire year studying the Law of Moses, how it was fulfilled, and what has replaced it
- Spend an entire year studying the Psalms and Proverbs.
- Spend an entire year studying Isaiah
- Spend an entire year studying the Gospels
- Spend an entire year studying the Epistles
- Spend an entire year not only studying the revelations of the early Mormon church, but studying in a way to see how they relate to each other and how they helped with the growth andÂ maturityÂ of the church
What would you like to see?