Three basic concepts that may help us to better receive, remember, and apply the words spoken by the Lordâ€™s servants, according to Dieter F. Uchtdorf:
- Members of the Church are entitled to personal revelation as they listen to and study the inspired words spoken at general conference.
- Donâ€™t discount a message merely because it sounds familiar.
- The words spoken at general conference should be a compass that points the way for us during the coming months.
10 observations and suggestions to strengthening our testimonies, according to Cecil O. Samuelson, Jr:
- Everyone has worth because we are all children of God.
- Change of heartÂ occurs gradually and in response to specific questions, experiences, and concerns as well as by our study and prayer.
- Purpose of life is to be tested and stretched.
- Trust the things we believe in or know to sustain us in times of uncertainty.
- Gaining a testimony is a progression along the continuum of hoping, believing, and knowing.
- Teaching someone else what we know strengthens our own testimony.
- Do the little but necessary things daily and regularly
- We should not have higher standards for others than we do for ourselves.
- Remember being too hard on yourself when you make a mistake can be negative
- We must be clear that the Atonement of Christ is fully and continuously operative for each of us.
Three basic principles essential to good teaching, according to William S. Oswald:
- Show love to those you teach and call them by name
- Teach from the scriptures
- Encourage the pondering of gospel truths
Three choices to follow for self-improvement, according to Joseph B. Wirthlin:
- Choose to begin the process of repentance now
- Choose your priorities
- Choose the right