At Our Thoughts we aim to present opinions that are thought-provoking and intelligent. As such, we have implemented the following policies to help us maintain this goal. Please adhere to these guidelines when leaving a comment.
- Contrary opinions are welcome. Trolling is not. If you are going to post a comment contrary to what has been stated in a post’s thread, do not do so with an intent to defame the LDS church, Our Thoughts or any of the posters.
- No threadjacking. It is difficult to have an intelligent discussion that follows a logical flow if completely unrelated comments keep popping up.
- Avoid cyclical arguments. If you find you are repeating yourself, please stop. Cyclical arguments lead to discussions being between two or three people and discourages other comments.
- Please avoid personal attacks (i.e. ad hominem). If you don’t agree with an idea presented, address the idea, not the presenter.
- Please do not use Our Thoughts as your personal blog. Please see www.blogger.com if you would like your own blog.
- Please refrain from using profane and vulgar language. The blog is “Our Thoughts” not “Outhouse”.
- Comments not adhering to the above guidelines will be deleted at the discretion of blog administrators. Repeat offenders may be put on moderation.
- All comments are prone to review and may be deleted at the discretion of blog administrators. This includes comments with no punctuation or capitalization.
- Additional policies may be implemented in the future.